Majorly Insane Amateurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dying Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:06 pm

So, it was somewhat alive and showing signs of flourishing into bigger, better thing.. Very Happy

Then they die. Mad

Then I'm sad. Crying or Very sad

Discuss
Back to top Go down
Sunny25
Sunny25

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 pm

yellow wrote:
So, it was somewhat alive and showing signs of flourishing into bigger, better thing.. Very Happy

Then they die. Mad

Then I'm sad. Crying or Very sad

Discuss
it dies because no one posts
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Well if everyone went into vent and played Q3 as much as they say they enjoy it, we would have things to talk about. Maybe we should set up some friendly duel/CA tournaments or CTF cups or something.
Back to top Go down
Sunny25
Sunny25

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:16 pm

tool wrote:
Well if everyone went into vent and played Q3 as much as they say they enjoy it, we would have things to talk about. Maybe we should set up some friendly duel/CA tournaments or CTF cups or something.
My comp sucks cant even play q3 without it freezing
Back to top Go down

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

tool wrote:

I'll consider it.

I call tool_ and rush and kitten. We win ctf/ca
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Sunny25 wrote:
tool wrote:

If you can run quake live and not q3, your computer can handle q3. You might have some console problems or driver problems, so start with doing upgrades on your gfx cards and stuff.
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 pm

i dont play ca

anyways, i think we really should have a small tournament of some sorts... perhaps 2v2 tdm bracket, duel bracket, and 3v3/4v4 ctf bracket

could have small prizes like new forum user category (aka "mia dual champion of august") and stuff.

if we need a server i can get nmbr cpm back up, it's only down because my isp was bitching about how much upload it ate, but a few days or smth wouldnt be an issue
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:29 pm

tool wrote:
Sunny25 wrote:
tool wrote:

If you can run quake live and not q3, your computer can handle q3. You might have some console problems or driver problems, so start with doing upgrades on your gfx cards and stuff.

yer doin it rong

get new gfx drivers, make sure your config doesnt have like anti-aliasing maxed out, etc

big performance killing commands

seta r_ext_multisample
seta r_ext_max_anisotropy

set these to 0 if they aren't already
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm

We could try and get a money prize as well. Like for CTF, every team donates $10 or something and we pool it all together for the winners. Might be an incentive.
Back to top Go down

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:34 pm

tool wrote:
We could try and get a money prize as well. Like for CTF, every team donates $10 or something and we pool it all together for the winners. Might be an incentive.

If/When the forums get bigger, we get more people involved that sounds like a grand idea.
Back to top Go down
Sunny25
Sunny25

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:34 pm

tool wrote:
Sunny25 wrote:
tool wrote:

I cant run ql either
i can go on the site though
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Well invite everyone you know then. Tell them to register and post this shit up.
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm

tool wrote:
Well invite everyone you know then. Tell them to register and post this shit up.

how many forums have you made in the past 2 years, and how many times has this worked long term? yeah... forums like pwp stay active because everyone knows each other, and knows what to expect. we need people that want to come here and post, not because we just ask them to.

sure promoting like that is a good way for people to see it for the first time, but personally when i see tons of begging/asking/promoting of something, i instantly turn away
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Well then, how else do you propose we make it active?
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

by promoting the tournaments.
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, who will our target audience be? CPMA has great players, but no clans. The teams would be stacked. I was thinking we try to get any 1.16 clans to play in the tournament, especially if there's prizes I think they'll at least try. If not, we can ask clans from QL if they want to.
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 pm

how about... we dont register as teams... we register as individuals then *admins* create even teams for brackets..

even if we dont get cpma players... i still say the games take place on cpm, as its probably the most accessible and easiest to figure out and setup out of the 3 options
Back to top Go down

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:47 pm

#rush. wrote:
how about... we dont register as teams... we register as individuals then *admins* create even teams for brackets..

even if we dont get cpma players... i still say the games take place on cpm, as its probably the most accessible and easiest to figure out and setup out of the 3 options

Well, we could advertise on the QL forums, but I know you guys will be against it, as this is a ANTI QUAKE LIVE forum.

And someone's banned. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sunny25
Sunny25

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:49 pm

yellow wrote:
#rush. wrote:

Well, we could advertise on the QL forums, but I know you guys will be against it, as this is a ANTI QUAKE LIVE forum.

tool?
Back to top Go down

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Sunny25 wrote:
yellow wrote:
#rush. wrote:

tool?

Yarly, I put that in to humor me.
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 pm

yellow wrote:
as this is a ANTI QUAKE LIVE forum.

they don't need to know... we can setup a separate forum for tournament only... access to these specific anti-quakelive forums can be restricted to trusted users and admins only. for all they know, it's just a tournament page

the reg forums would have spam/chitchat etc... but just not as badass
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm not against Quake Live forums, just the game itself. A forum is a forum, and its an active one at that. Advertise all you want on there.

But I guess we could do that too rush. I was hoping actual clans and teams would register, making it so they could practice and donate money together.
Back to top Go down

#rush.

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm

tool wrote:

But I guess we could do that too rush. I was hoping actual clans and teams would register, making it so they could practice and donate money together.

well we gotta start small, we could get to that eventually, but i think that individual regs/small prize pool would be enough to garner some interest. and after some time, we could progress with it.
Back to top Go down
tool
tool

Administrator

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:53 pm

And this isn't really an anti-QL forum. It's just a replacement for PiP and a place more for Q3 resources and other gaming.
Back to top Go down

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm

#rush. wrote:
tool wrote:

well we gotta start small, we could get to that eventually, but i think that individual regs/small prize pool would be enough to garner some interest. and after some time, we could progress with it.

We still have details to iron out, but right now we just need to get people for tourneys, and our plan to get people was to advertise for tourneys? @_@
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Dying Forums _
PostSubject: Re: Dying Forums   Dying Forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dying Forums

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Majorly Insane Amateurs :: General Discussion :: Chit-Chat-