Majorly Insane Amateurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

raythenoob

MIAMember

No Warnings

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 _
PostSubject: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

By Raythenoob

1. Lack of communication. The only real communication can be seen in the most recent ESR thread (ask id 5 q's). Marty should have remained on as Community Manager. Not much has changed and really, after 2 years did you expect anything different? Blizzard does Q&A sessions while ID ... oh wait ya , says nothing. Remember who's in charge people, Bethesda. They are pulling all the strings. Sync and his team can promise the world but as their recent promise of a devblog shows, they are not in charge. Bethesda is trying to keep everything locked down including keeping ID Tech 5 to themselves: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-12-id-tech-5-only-for-bethesda-titles

2. Strongarming people to pay for Pro Accounts when one cannot start his own private server in a location of their own choice (you must instead choose from an existing list). This is a big misnomer and many people fell for it (and are continuing to fall for it). As it stands now, it's truly pointless for people to upgrade to Pro as noone is looking to join 12 clans and less than .01% actually has the need for his own private server (clan chiefs).

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Anothersatisfiedcustome
http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?1594-Very-disappointed-with-Pro-service.

3. Changing pub team server sizes to 6v6. It forces, for example, the competitive CTF player to pay for pro accounts in order to lock maps to 8 players. Everyone else is stuck playing in spamfest servers. With a serious lack of players playing on premium servers people are outright quitting the game instead of upgrading.

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Hahahasucker

4. Aliasing accounts on the QL Forum in a desperate attempt to mute the crowd that is displeased with the direction the game has turned to. It's pretty obvious that 9 fanboys are vastly outnumbered by 1000's of unhappy customers. I find it downright pathetic to see the devs turning to this tactic. You know whoyou are. p.s: it would have been less obvious if you actually posted under those names on the old ql forum Smile

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Idhidingonaliasaccounts

5. Skillmatching. It was a valiant effort but Id's team has simply continued to neglect the suggestions forum. People like rexcramer, imiol and wobbo had posted extremely useful fixes for this issue. Sadly, this will go down as one of the biggest downfalls of this game. Too bad because it had so much promise. The focus should have been on spectator slots, teamkillers, time join limits, ingame kick. They will most likely come into play over time, but time is of the essence and people are getting impatient of waiting.

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Cyrmoredickwad
the biggest tier slummer in ql history is complaining of not finding games. And apparently his 10,000 alias' accounts aren't faring much better despite the tiers he is looking to play in.

6. Deleting the old QL Forum. This is downright stupid. You could have upgraded Vbulletin and maintained content. You had 2 years to clean up the forum and could have copied the most important posts over into an archive, no instead i had to do it, and look where that got you when you turned on me. I went through the entire suggestions forum in about 1 week. You simply neglected the casual fan base and opted instead only to listen to the focus group and some select pro players. When you culled the old forum, you virtually culled 2/3 of the people who participated on it regularly.

The following screenies will further validate how people felt about your company since QL went live.

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Liesa
is that so...

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Ggidlol

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Hahahas

and lastly. And this pretty much says it all.
My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Ripql
for over a year i played, mainly in the morning and NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER had a problem finding a game at any time of the day (even late at night). That screenie was taken an hour ago (9:00 a.m eastern time). NOT ONE SINGLE TEAM GAME UP. You can come up with every excuse in the book but as i was the 2nd most active North American player, i can tell you that this was a first for me this morning.

Part 2 with more in depth analysis coming soon.

Last edited by raythenoob on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

raythenoob

MIAMember

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:02 am

Hell it doesn't even make sense to upgrade to Premium now. This is the 2nd ql moderator (besides incubus) to cave in and reveal the truth.

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Truthhurts
http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?1594-Very-disappointed-with-Pro-service./page4
Back to top Go down

gpig

MIAMember

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 am

raythenoob wrote:
Hell it doesn't even make sense to upgrade to Premium now. This is the 2nd ql moderator (besides incubus) to cave in and reveal the truth.
http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?1594-Very-disappointed-with-Pro-service./page4

That's what I'm sayin'. Their not going to make much more money than they already did unless they change their stuff big time.
Back to top Go down

raythenoob

MIAMember

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:09 am

and serious LOL at their skillmatching. I"ve played 25 games in the past 4 days cuz i'm continuing to test all the ctf maps they changed (pissed about base siege) and i'm 6-25. 6 and fucking 25. They didn't fix shit. Ther'es not a big enough ctf population to change the skillmatching in that medium. They just outright lied.
Back to top Go down

raythenoob

MIAMember

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 am

gpig wrote:
That's what I'm sayin'. Their not going to make much more money than they already did unless they change their stuff big time.

Not so long as i'm around that's for sure. The fun is just beginning.

UPDATE: BRING OUT THE CONFETTI. 158 North American players playing Quake Live !!

who is he kidding. Log onto wc3 and there's 140,000 playing right now. lol what a joke. Out of those 37 servers, 25 are duel. Try harder tugga_

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Fanboyliar
Back to top Go down

raythenoob

MIAMember

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 pm

lololololololol

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Bwahahaha

Id hard at work since it went live.
Back to top Go down

yellow

MIAMember

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 pm

raythenoob wrote:
lololololololol

My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 Bwahahaha

Id hard at work since it went live.

Hahahaha, Also lol@ 9000 posts...

Not quite over 9000.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta   My QL Review (part 1) Since QL came out of Beta - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Majorly Insane Amateurs :: General Discussion :: Chit-Chat-